Friday, June 06, 2014
gordon

Gordon.....my dear brother.

My protector--he always watched out for me and took care of me when we were little kids. 
His first car......his first year at college.
Always a ladies man......
Helen....his wife of 25 years and the mother of his three children........
Michelle.....his wife of 22 years and the woman who saw him through Open Heart Surgery and many other serious Health Issues, and who was there till the end when Cancer struck him down so very quickly....always taking good care of the love of her life.......
The last time I saw my dear brother.....October 15th, 2011.....We didn't know it would be the last visit at the time, but, it was.........
The way I love to remember him.....by the water.....Ready to go out on his boat to the place that gave him his greatest joy and his greatest peace......

It is two years ago today, June 6th, 2012. 
That was the day he left us.....
I miss him still, every day, and I guess I always will.......
Rest well, dear Gorga........


More To Come........







10 Comments:
had this to say:

Some anniversaries are for rejoicing, others like your dear brother's passing, bring tears but also warm smiles as we remember the good times with the special person we will never forget. I hope this day is filled with warm, if sad smiles and memories.
Sending hugs.

Friday, June 6, 2014 at 4:22:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

So sad to lose our loved ones. But you have such precious memories of your dear brother. And he certainly was a handsome devil when he was young wasn't he?

Friday, June 6, 2014 at 4:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Losing a sibling is very hard. I have one brother and dread the day he dies but he's younger than me; so maybe i'll go first. Nice photos and memories. My son was born June 6, 1969.

Friday, June 6, 2014 at 12:34:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Lee
had this to say:

My goodness, Naomi...you lost your brother on the same date as I lost mine! As you read in my blog I lost Graham to cancer, too; 6th June, 16 years ago.

A wonderful tribute to your brother,Gordon, Naomi. Thank you for sharing it wish us.

You will always miss your brother...that never goes away, but the memories that go with the missing are to be cherished. :)

Friday, June 6, 2014 at 2:20:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Is it 2 years? Gosh. I bet you do miss him, he sounds like a great brother. Cancer really is a bitch isn't it? I've lost so many loved ones to it too. One day, one day they'll find a cure but I doubt it will be in our life time. :(

Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 1:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful pictures. You were blessed to have a close relationship with him.

Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 11:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I remember your post when he died, Naomi -- and like this one, it was beautiful. I have no siblings and have always longed for one. I would like to imagine that if I had a brother he would have been like your Gordon. He sounds just wonderful. Sending healing hugs your way.

Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 7:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I think that is a wonderful image to remember him by - so sorry he had to go so soon though. {{{HUG}}}

Monday, June 9, 2014 at 2:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm glad you had such a special brother. The loss of life is such mystery to me. But the love continues. xo

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 10:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

So very sad to lose our loved ones...
A lovely tribute to your dearest brother Gordon, Naomi.
All photos are so beautiful and seeing all them I have tears on my eyes.
Sending many hugs of comfort from miles away...

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 1:45:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.