Sunday, July 21, 2013
suuculent city

On my deck, I have a bunch of beautiful Succulents. One of the things that is so wonderful about these plants, besides the fact that they are all so very Beautiful, is, they don't require a great deal of care, and they adjust to all kinds of weather variations....Well, I don't know about freezing cold and snow, but they do well in just about all other kinds of weather.....
On first glance one might think that these two are very much the same.....but, in fact, they are not. They are no doubt cousins, one might say......
And below, it's first cousin.....
You can see, when looking closely at each one of these, that they really are quite different. Here below, some further examples of their differences......
And, Cousin Cassandra below.....
What I find so amazing about these two particular Succulents is that they exist at all! That Nature created these very complex and---to my artists eye---very Beautiful plants, is beyond extraordinary....it is some kind of miracle!
And, below....Cousin Cassandra.....
I know these two particular Succulents may be an acquired taste for some people, and there may be people who look at these plants and say..."I don't get it. I think they are ugly."
One could say with great confidence that I am not one of those people.....lol.
The design of these plants is exquisite! The shapes and the colors.....
Cousin C. below......
Sometimes, I forget that all this beauty is right here at my fingertips, so to speak....Looking closely, once again, gives me so much pleasure. Living Sculptures----that is what these plants are, to me.
And 'The Cuz', below.....
And here they are, once again, as you see them from somewhat afar......
And......
Aren't they just spectacular?
And last, but not least, here they are from truly afar....as they look and live on my deck......
I called this post Succulent City because my deck is like a little city of these special wonderful plants.....I will show you more, next time......I hope you enjoyed the tour of this particular city......


More To Come........ 







21 Comments:
had this to say:

I think they are beautiful Naomi. So unique and almost other worldly. That last one looks almost edible.
Love the low maintenance aspect.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 4:03:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I like that you call them "cousins" - they are marvelous looking.

And I watched Bottle Shock this evening - from your recommendation. It is charming, charming. I loved it. :) Thank you so much - I wouldn't have found that one without your post about it.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 6:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I've never seen either of those before. Gorgeous! And such great pics. Thank you for the small tour :)

Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 9:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

They really are beautiful, and I love the colors!!

I love the shot of your entire deck showing how you display them.. your artists eye remains working very well indeed!

Monday, July 22, 2013 at 4:13:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I especially love and relate to you line about your amazement that they exist at all. Your eye for beauty in so many places is encouraging and infectious, Naomi. I think they look like they came from outer space. But our earth space is just as wild as that!

Monday, July 22, 2013 at 7:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I think what looks slightly creepy about them close up is that look a bit like internal organs of the body! But I think they are beautiful too. Your balcony is lovely with amazing views too. It must be wonderful to sit there and just look out at the view.

Monday, July 22, 2013 at 9:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

So rich, I would love them on my balcony! Lovely.

Monday, July 22, 2013 at 7:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful, Naomi!! xx

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 7:49:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I don't think I've seen a plant like that before. I don't know if it's because I've spent the last few days at the Crime Writing Festival, but the close-ups kind of reminds me of brain tissue! :D

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 1:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I LOVE succulents which look like they've been washed and dipped in water color!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 9:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I enjoyed the tour and always enjoy the lovely photographs that you take of your plants and flowers. They are always stunning.
Up close like that some of them remind me of coral in the ocean. Your deck is lovely and what a view!!!!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 9:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love all your plants and you love them well. :)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 2:43:00 PM PDT 

Blogger J C
had this to say:

Awesome Naomi. Have you ever noticed how much these succulents look like above-ground coral reefs? Beautiful!

Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 10:43:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! I love so much succulents and I think they are gorgeous, Naomi.
You took great pictures! Love seeing your deck, it looks very agreeable and with a stunning view to the city!
I agree with you, the design of these plants is exquisite and stunning. A miracle of the Nature!

Here in my garden the succulents and the cactaceas are very resistant and tough to the assault of the hungry ants...

Hope you have a lovely day.
Many hugs!

Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 3:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

They are amazing works of art done by nature but it takes a light hand to keep them as healthy as yours are.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 8:26:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Living sculptures...perfect words to describe these succulent plants. I wonder if we have them here in Miami. My mother would love them in her garden...especially the cousin. :)

Have a wonderful week enjoying your lovely view, my friend. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 5:53:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

your deck is wonderful !!
love the flowers, their textures are so amazing

Hope sends hugs

Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 5:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Very unique I must say and the shades of colour is amazing :D












Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 8:39:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I love your deck and your succulents!! Enjoy your day, my dear.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 12:30:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

What I do like about them is their very delicate shades.
And they look as if they are from another planet.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 7:40:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Aside from raising them in the first place, you have a great eye for their shades and detailing. They do look quite as if they could come from another planet.

Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 11:18:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.