Saturday, January 15, 2011
new years eve-finale

This was the one thing I actually wanted that was in the game....I opened this one after I got a seven....But, it was taken away from me later--And is was quite popular throughout the 'timed' section of the game....When all was said and done, I lost it. But, due to the kindness of Garrett Parks----He gave it to me! Once the game is over, there are no rules about giving things away...... Earl was about to open one of the sillier funnier things that was in the game...... It is called a "Butt Bank"....When you put money in the top it makes a rather rude but funny noise....! If you don't know what I mean---Well, it is a four letter word beginning with 'f' and ending in 't'!
As you can see, we are a group who are a bit bawdy and who like to laugh.....Oddly enough, this particular item never left Earl's pile of presents---It seems, nobody wanted it so it was never taken away from him. So, he was stuck with it and he took it home, happily, I think. He can bring it back but not for two years....! And speaking of that....This guy came back after 3 or 4 years.....! In the top out-of-focus picture this was his first appearance, three or four years ago....And the bottom picture was from this New Years Eve..... He too stayed with the person that opened the package he was in.....Poor guy--no one wanted him this year, either....lol! There were some great books in the game this year. This one that Betty opened was a terrific book on Marilyn Monroe....She was able to hold on to this book luckily, because her granddaughter Maddy, loves MM and has a whole collection of books about her......Another wonderful book was this one below...... This was a very popular item, and moved from one person to another and back again----many times!....In other words, it changed hands quite a few times, but I believe Andy Parks ended up with it....He draws and captions truly wonderful Cartoons, himself, beside being a lovely actor.....Such a talented man! Charley had opened this, whatever-it-is, that you see sitting on top of the White Box in front of him. It looked like a bird in a little boat or something---No one could quite figure out what it was...Needless to say, he ended up taking that home.....! (lol) As you can see in this picture above, quite a few things were getting opened up....There was a 'grabber' which actually was very practical....You can just see the Handle in the lower left area of the picture. It's one of those things that you can use in your Kitchen when you cannot reach certain shelves anymore---those of us who have shrunk quite a bit would find this very handy, Betty ended up with that.....And then moving over in front of Andy, there was this fun Hot Water Bottle with a British Flag on it....! A closer look, below.....You can see that Hot Water Bottle better in this picture. I thought it was adorable! And on the other side of Andy, he had opened this Hard-Case Carrier for one's Credit Cards and SAG Cards, and other Union Cards, too....That was a very useful present....And there were some more books and some CD's, too..... This is a fantastic book....I put this in the game because I had gotten one for myself and it is such a great great book---in every way---Much much more than just a book of lyrics. Sondheim talks about the creation of each show and specific songs and the talent involved....And it is such a rich and special book....This moved around the room until the very last moment....! I was pleased that so many people wanted it. As you can see, we all know our audience---Always lots of Show Business related items, though there were less DVD's in the game this year than in the past.....I had also put that Sondheim 80th Birthday Celebration DVD in the game---Another item that was very popular, which showed a picture of in the previous post. Now, the glass table was getting full, too, with all the goodies that had been opened....Near Betty there were two very interesting 'gifts' that were lots of fun...! That tall box bear Betty was called "Roll A Lotion"...It sounded quite risque to us, maybe because of another gift I will show you in a moment....I guess our minds were already in the gutter, so to speak....lol. His name is Southpole Santa....the operative word being "pole".....His private parts were covered with what looked like a Santa Hat and when you pushed a button, he sang a dirty song and his hat with "pole" inside would rise and fall a few times during the song.....! He really was pretty lewd, but he was incredibly funny, too!There were some other fun things and some very pretty things, as well.....In the picture below, you can see a very pretty flowered ceramic clock over on the right side of the picture, on the table.....And, there was a Chia Pet, too....! I haven't seen one of those in years and years..... I think there is a better picture of the Chia Pet..... Yes! Well, not really much better....There is the Chia Pet and the pretty clock in front of it.....We were getting very close to the end of the game and midnight was about 12 minutes away......Here below, the Dice with a Seven showing, and they are sitting on top of the British Flag Hot Water Bottle, now, in front of Garrett because he took it away from someone else......Then we went out on the Deck with Champagne and Sparkling Cider to see and hear The New Year in the middle of Hollywood.....We saw some fireworks in different parts of the city and there was a lot of yelling and whooping and hollering as we reached midnight. And so, another New Years Eve came to a close.....Everyone had a really special time this year. Almost everyone called me to say just that. I don't know what made it so special.....I wish I knew, but I'm just glad that it was so special and that everyone seemed to feel that way.......! So....here we are, already the middle of January 2011.....Time really does seems to be flying by faster and faster. Is it just me, or does everybody feel this way these days?






More To Come........








26 Comments:
had this to say:

I can't imagine anyone NOT having a good time at one of your parties/ gatherings/ luncheons!!

although the men didn't seem to win the "good stuff" lol !

time goes waaay to fast Naomi. If we could only feel like we did when we were young ..it seemed like the weekends were always so far away back then!

thank you again for sharing all the wonderful photo's!! I hope it doesn't take away from you having the best time.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 4:12:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a lovely time you all had. You are such a kind and fun person yourself that’s why people like to be around you … or maybe the nice cakes and sweets? (I’m kidding you.) Your party was a nice crowning to 2010 and a great way to start the new year. I read that when you are young years pass slowly but as you get along they speed - the notion of time changes. It has for me as I still think 1990 as yesterday and it’s hard to realize it is 20 years away. I loved your party from afar – you can be proud of it.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 7:05:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Sounds and looks like you had another fantastic party! It's always a joy to read your party posts :)

Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 8:00:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You are obviously da "hostess with da mostest"!!! What a great, fun party!!! And I always so enjoy seeing your lovely home with all the beautiful works of art!!!

And yeah, wasn't it just yesterday that I was twenty? ;)

Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 3:01:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

What a great and funny time you all had! Just a wonderful beginning of the New Year, Naomi!
Did I told you that I would love to be there with you and your friends? Lol!

PS: About your comment on my blog,
thank you Naomi, for think on me and concerned about me. Yes, the tragedy on Rio de Janeiro is terrible!
My house is far away from Rio de Janeiro about 700 km (435 miles). A virtual friend of mine, from Australia asks me if there are danger when I have much rain, because I live near Jurumirim Dam. Fortunately my house is situated above of the barrage and I am in a safe spot.

I hope you have a nice Sunday!
A big hug to you and to Sweetie.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 3:45:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a delightful party but then the guests had a lot to do with that.
I really like that game and will definitely try to get it going here. Glad to hear there is a time limit on when the "gifts" can return. That does make it more interesting.
We play dirty Santa here and I know it is always nice when the gift you bring gets fought over. You picked well.
I am so grateful you let us in as the flies on the wall. Thank you.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 6:00:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a mevellous party, with so many guests all having fun playing the Gift Game. I'll have to try that game next year! And so many whacky gifts.
I'm wishing you all the best for the coming year of 2011, it's hard to realise that we are already a couple of weeks into it. I hope it's a good year4 for you and your friends and family with many more parties just like the one you have just enjoyed!

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 6:49:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

what a hoot! White Elephant parties are so much fun. Once I got thumb tacks---that were shaped like thumbs, and an orange fondue pot.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 10:12:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

You had me at "butt bank," which I would have snagged to keep in my office for legal fees.

Cheers.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 10:17:00 AM PST 

Blogger Jen
had this to say:

It sounds like you really know how to throw a party! Yes, time does fly. I feel like I'm wasting so much time...I need to spend more time with my friends.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 12:32:00 PM PST 

Blogger J C
had this to say:

What a FUN game and obviously everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing, Naomi.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 12:48:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

fun!fun!fun!

I couldn't help but admire all your artwork while I was asmiring your guests and your gifts

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 2:25:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You look like you have the warmest friends and family. Looked like a great time....i hope you keep up the fun..how do I get put on the list to attend next years party....lol..zman sends

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 5:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I *almost* felt as if I were there, except I couldn't quite *hear* the laughter! :) What fun!

Love the butt bank and the Pole Santa. How funny. A good assortment of classy gifts and risque gifts. Also love the 2 year rule. heh

Yep. Time sure does seem to go fast. These winds are drying me out and jacking with my sinuses. How are you doing with them?

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 7:34:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

As always, I'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of your parties. I'm sure everyone had a great time.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 7:48:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

These posts are always so fun. How many people get to almost be at a fabulous party in the Hollywood Hills? As for time flying, that works for me right now as I have two fun trips planned (April and May) and I am tired already of cleaning the humidifiers every week.
Thanks for the post. And how did you like the Golden Globes?

Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 11:41:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Yes indeed time is going faster and faster. I agree with tohers, its not every day we get into a Hollywood party is it? Thanks so much for sharing its almost as if we were all there with you. I so love some of those gifts, what fun it is and everyone must have some fun just choosing what to bring in the first place!! You certainly know how to throw a party because they keep coming back for more and I am so glad it was so special this year too.

Monday, January 17, 2011 at 7:03:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I am *so* going to one of your parties one day.

;-)

Monday, January 17, 2011 at 11:41:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Reading all about your party has made me smile and I'm still smiling. I can imagine you all out on the deck at midnight bringing the New Year in!! Just such a wonderful tradition you have. I thought it was special too, and I wasn't even there!!

All the fun gifts!! I can imagine the laughter in the room when they were opened!! All the great food and desserts!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post about your party. I have enjoyed it immensely!!

I will try to get a post up soon. Just haven't been in the mood lately. Your party posts have boosted my spirits!!
Love and hugs,
Rachel
I

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 8:57:00 PM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

A great way to spend New Year's Eve which can often be quite sad. No chance of that chez Naomi!
I love that you have rules such as the two year embargo on returning un-loved presents. I would have to go for the grabber after my near accident standing on a kitchen chair. Just bought 6 new ones to avoid MTL sticking the old ones with glue.
Re your last comment on Past Imperfect - I'm puzzled by the 'E word'

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 7:04:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Thank you for sharing your good time with us! :)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 1:01:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm so glad you had some New Year's cheer to spread this week.

Having raised two sons- I want to find that bank! I just KNOW the humour will go over...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 9:22:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Such great fun and definitely a great way to bond with each other as well.

The 'butt' is so funny and certainly bring much laughter to everyone too.

I want to be part of this party if ever I visit you Naomi :D

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 10:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You have such fun friends!

Friday, January 21, 2011 at 5:00:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Ha ha that hot water bottle made me laugh!

All the books look great.

and yes time does go too fast. Where do the years go? When I look at my 16 year old daughter it seems like only yesterday when she was a tiny baby!

Your parties always look like so much fun. :)

Friday, January 21, 2011 at 5:12:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Wow... Its amazing you all got such interesting gifts from this game.. I love the look of that cake though.. Yummy... I have a post for Koras tenth b-day up. I should have posted it last week but i couldnt find the photo's I wanted..

Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 5:33:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.