Tuesday, August 31, 2010
vamp till ready

I cannot seem to get my act together.....I think I am 'in recovery' along with Sweetie, who, by the way, is doing really really well...! I'm just not "with it", I'm afraid...So, I have nothing to offer here except a few words about The Emmy's....I enjoyed them very much. The show moved along really quickly and I was pretty happy with most of the "wins".....In particular, I was thrilled for Archie Panjabi who received an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress On A Drama Series, for her part in "THE GOOD WIFE"...I think she is an incredibly talented young woman who has a really fabulous career ahead of her....She is someone who holds your attention when she is on the screen. You cannot take your eyes off her because she is soooo very "present". A truly involved and arresting person.I was also thrilled that "THE PACIFIC" won for Outstanding Miniseries. In truth, there was only one other Nominee---"RETURN TO CRANFORD" which was wonderful. But, 'The Pacific' is a monumental piece of work....A ten part series that backed away from nothing. Beautifully rendered in every way....A very important document of that part of World War Two that has not been covered in such a dramatic way ever before. HBO, Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks are to be commended for this excellent series.And I was very happy for "MAD MEN" winning, for the third time, Outstanding Drama Series....Truly well deserved. It IS the BEST show on television.....! It won the Outstanding Writing In A Drama Series Emmy, as well---and rightfully so. Happy that the Outstanding Movie Made For Television was "TEMPLE GRANDIN"...a great great story of triumph and done with so much Humanity....three of the actors won Awards, too, Claire Danes, David Strathairn and Julia Ormand, (Thanks for the correction "VV"). And the competition in this category was fierce this year...ALL the films were really spectacular. Happy, too that Al Pacino won for "YOU DON'T KNOW JACK"---a very fine film, too..... Pacino was, as always, superb, embodying the character of Jack Kevorkian in an important film about a very important subject....Bravo to HBO for this film, as well......I thought Jimmy Fallon was okay as the Host. The opening number was great fun, and started the show off in a really wonderful way....I think it is a very tough job and your kind of behind the eight-ball before you start.....He did well! Oh, Yes....and Edie Falco for "NURSE JACKIE"....Perfect! She is fantastic in this wonderful half-hour cable show and this was a well deserved 'win' in my opinion, too.....I know I am leaving out lots of stuff...But these were the Highlights, for me........

Well, that's all I've got, kids......Forgive me, please......




More To Come.........



Update: Tuesday Night 11:57....Sweetie had a little bit of a setback today---hoping it is temporary and caused by a change in Meds.....We shall see....Tonight, we put him back on the one that we had stopped....Hoping Wednesday will be better, and that he will be back 'on track'.......







22 Comments:
had this to say:

Hiya Naomi, I'm 'with you' as well and I can understand the diminish 'energy' because I feel like you too.

So, it is ok to take a good rest and a break. In fact, I wanna thank you for coming back to 'visit' me.

You take care and I'm sure you'll be cheered up very soon and we wanna have the 'old you' back :D

Hugs & Kisses always :D
Betty

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 4:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I always watch the awards shows and enjoy seeing who wins.. this year there was a shock waiting for me though.. one that took the winds out of my sails, as they say. Someone I knew was on the list of those passed away and I didn't know of it. Dorothy DeBorba. (Echo, of the original Little Rascals). I had met her at the shows I helped at out there near Hollywood. After I moved back to NJ I called her about twice a year to catch up with her..she was just the sweetest lady. Then when my brother died and david and gun fire around the house I was in and moving to fla and such I didn't call her for about a year... and then heard on the show that she passed away. Another friend lost.. I really hate old age. I am so happy for you that you have so many good friends still around you!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 4:19:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

I was watching too! I LOVED the opening number and really enjoyed each of George Clooney's appearances. That man is so sexy! You're right about Pacific btw, it was a very good miniseries. I was also thrilled with the Temple Grandin wins, although it was Julia Ormond, not Juliette Binoche who won outstanding supporting actress in a miniseries.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 5:15:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I am glad to hear Sweetie is still on the road to recovery. I am feeling the same lack of things to write about with my regular blog. It's kind of a let-down of summer for me maybe.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 9:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

i don't get any of the main shows you mentioned so can't comment. however about Archie Panjabi,didn't know her name, but enjoy her character very much. she is someone you would definitely want on your side. she gets things done.
keep feeling better sweetie.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 1:16:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I have seen The Good Wife and like it very much, but I have not seen any of the other shows you mentioned. Hope you can get back in the groove soon, Naomi.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 2:03:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Archie Panjabi is really a very special peronality
- but I so really understand Sweetie is #1 right now.

We are as well anxious about Rosa and Felicia: Lots of Rain and cold Nights - the Mice are seeking towards the fiord (Ocean) and our Cats are following - across the main road;(((.

The Oslo Blog Gathering was exiting. As you may recall, we housed friends from Sweden and France in our timid Winterhome, while Anna had to work and stay in the Summer House, looking after the Cats.
In the meanwhile I was Guide and translator (Swedish - English - French - Norwegian).
After all, we are all still a live;)
have a nice evening
T
Oslo

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 2:10:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

It's really nice to know that Sweetie is doing well. I haven't been watching TV lately because I'm mostly glued to my computer, working with projects and stuff.

Anyway, you take care always dearest Naomi!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 2:52:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm not much of a TV watcher but I do enjoy what other folks have to say. There is a amazing pool of talent in the arts: visual and performing.
thanks for sharing your point of view.
xo

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 2:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I was a mess and miss the nearly half of it. I had too much going on back to back and was having a meltdown. It really helped me relax. I can't believe how Pacino embodied Jack K. and it was fun having the real Temple Grandin there. The whole thing makes me wonder what I'm missing. I only get network channels. Of course I caught the Entertainment Tonight recap for some of what I missed.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 3:39:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi dear Naomi,
I am glad to hear that Sweetie is each day better and better! It's really great!

I also saw The Emmy's. But I see very little these series. I love principally Brothers & Sisters and Monk. Too bad that there is no more new episodes of Monk....
Love also Al Pacino! He is one of my preferred actor for sure.

Many hugs to you and to Sweetie too!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 7:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi! I understand the not being with it thing. I hope you get back to your normal self soon and feeling better. Seems we all get a funk from time to time! Glad to hear Sweetie is still doing well!

I didn't watch the Emmy's. I don't watch much TV these days. It's nice to hear your thoughts on them though!! xxoxx

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 10:04:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I always look forward to your emmy posts. Sorry about the setback, though.
I watched Temple Grandin when my husband was out of town and as the credits rolled I said out loud,"Claire Danes will win the emmy for that, hands down." even though there was no one in the house to hear me.
We also loved "The Pacific." Great stuff. I thought Jimmy Fallon did an excellent job. I laughed and smiled a lot and that's really all I ask for.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 2:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Glad you and Sweetie are coming along so well!! And, as always your take on the Emmys is wonderful!!!!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 8:50:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I hadn't seen most of the winners this year, except the kid from Big Bang Theory. They really kept to a schedule, but I wanted to see Betty White get her award. Mad Men--YEA! I knew it would win. (hoped)
Hang in there, Sweetie!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 10:08:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Enjoyed your perspective on the Emmys and all the great photos. I certainly agree with you on numerous observations, but especially Archie Panjabi as well- deserving of her Emmy; that she has great promise for the future, too, but unlike you, mine is an amateur's opinion by comparison with you.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Emmy post. As you know my impressions of Temple Grandin the woman I shared, since I had seen her in person years ago, greatly influenced my view of the excellent Claire Danes performance who portrayed her in the movie.

I don't regularly cover awards shows and only select entertainment figures, or musicians/music because I don't begin to have the professional insight, contacts and entertainment world knowledge you do, so I always look forward to what you have to say, including about the few when I write about them.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 8:29:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I was in the US that evening and totally missed the show! oh, well. Hope you and Sweetie are feeling better...I am back home now.
Hugs!

Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 10:20:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,
I used to read your blog a few years ago but disappeared from the blogosphere for a while... I'm now back and re-invented and it's lovely to be back here catching up with your news!

I'm sorry to hear about Sweetie. I hope he improves in leaps and bounds! And I hope things come together for you too!

Stay safe!
Scarlet
(a.k.a. Yaeli)

Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 11:11:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hope Sweetie is feeling better. Convey my best prreroooer to him.

the fat lady

Friday, September 3, 2010 at 1:35:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

love the emmy round-up! you're keeping me up to date! and i hope that your sweetie is back ont rack? still sending all of the good that i've got your way!

Friday, September 3, 2010 at 11:33:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Working backwards on your posts I haven't read during my blog absence.

I've told the kids they need to find The Pacific box set for me for Christmas, which I'll have to watch by myself, given that the EMBLOS is not a war/history movie fan.

Cheers.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 12:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh I cous o watch TV with you Naomi. I love the Good Wife and yes, yes, yes to Archie Panjabi.She is wonderful. As for Mad Men, well I had not seen it and then my daughter gave me three series of it. I was so addicted I watched the show for hours at a time until I had seen all the episodes. The fashion is amazing. Such clever TV. I hope you are feeling ok. I think its ok to feel out of sorts every now and then. Its our bodies way of telling us we need to rest up some. It makes when we feel great so much better. Take the best care as always xx

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 12:09:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.