Tuesday, March 23, 2010
more of the house of tile

This is the wall that is actual the side of the garage that faces the house......so much going on here---so many different designs and so many different colors.....I love how all of this seems to have been done 'at random', but there is no way that could have been the case. So much thought has gone into every area--every section...And in the first picture above, you can see how different things look when the sun is on it......Plus, looking more closely......there are these optical illusions, too. Do you see what I mean? When I look at all the different surfaces and all the different designs, it makes me think about the time it took for this talented dedicated man to do all this...... This picture above....is still part of the side wall of the garage....Look at that section of green, red and blue....Amazing....! And below....a closer look at these tiles....Those Green pieces seem to have a kind of curve to them....And then the Blue and the Red are so tiny....Imagine the time it took to do just these sections.....It is mind boggling! Then....up above this section, is this next area seen in the picture below...... Again, there are a lot of different designs happening. And each one is a time consuming exacting job......Let's look at that circular section a bit closer...... Please do click on this to make it bigger....And just look at all the work that went into the background design as well as the interior of that circular type emblem.....And going in a little bit closer to the center of that....... When you look at all the detailing of these designs...I tell you, I don't know how he was able to get those circles so incredibly perfect and neat, too! This man is not only an "artist" but he is a perfectionist, as well. The center of this emblem is so incredibly complicated....It is truly awesome, to use a much over-used word, but in this case it is "awesome"! Be sure to make this picture above, bigger....I need you to see that 'ribbon' design that goes across at least half the expanse of the house....I'm going to go in closer, but, it will really give you a truer idea of the kind of work that has gone into all of these Mosaic Designs.....Above.....in a little closer on what I'm calling the "ribbon" design....I have no idea what he calls it, but I'm calling it that just as an identifying name.....And by the way---just look at all the other designs in that picture above---the edge of the garage just underneath the roof....it is breath taking....! And then, below....closer, yet again on the "ribbon" design..... And closer and closer we go......here below...... This is fascinating because it looks like he cut off Bottle Bottoms and used those for all the circular parts of this particular design....Blue Bottles and Green Bottles....I don't know that that is what he did...but it looks like it, to me.....And then, I love the bright shocking pink there in the center and the shocking yellow, way up above in that one picture.....And there is more, my dears....so much more......Here is another 'treasure-tease', below.......Again, there are so very many designs in this picture above.....There will be a Part 3 and maybe even more than that.....Time will tell......



More To Come.........











19 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wow that's a really unique house and at the same time a work of art! I like the patterns as well as the colors.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 2:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Cutting the tile alone is an art, especially since he is so very precise. I love the ribbon design, and you may be right about the bottle bottoms.

It makes me wonder how his insurance company decides the replacement value of his home in case of fire or some sort of total devastation. I'm sure it's in the millions.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 4:06:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Thanks for more of the detail. It really puts it into perspective.

Cheers.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 5:41:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Absolutely fascinating!! love all those details.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 7:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That is some awsome work.. I dont know how they did it but its cool to look at..

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 9:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Magnificent!!!! I really respect the thought and artistry that went into this.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 11:54:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I don't know how you can STAND not going up and asking who did it all...I am afraid I would have to make a fool of myself and find out, tell them how incredible...or just know the history of it. Do you get the impression it has been tiled that way a long time? When I think about it, my tile pieces at home look like new...

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 12:36:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

This is unbelievable artwork... and he did it all himself? What fun to be able to watch the work in progress!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 9:22:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Totally curious about the inside of his house and also echoed Kenju's thoughts.How on earth do you insure such labor in earthquake country.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 4:53:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks for always giving me something more to look at and admire. While I would have looked at that house and even admired the detail and workmanship, you make me look deeper and with more appreciation.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 5:51:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I don't know how I missed these posts, Naomi. As a tile maker, I am in awe. This is magnificent!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 8:12:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'd sure love to meet the man that did this. I see that round ball up there is also covered in tile. I cannot imagine the hours of work that went into this. It is so amazing and fascinating!!! Truly a labor of love!!

I'm looking forward to more!!!

Hugs,
Rachel

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 9:49:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I really like the bottle bottoms, they must really sparkle in the sun.

What will be do when he's finished every inch of this house?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 12:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Very cool. I can't imagine doing all that work.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 8:02:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It reminded me of my trip to Barcelona....all the artwork of tiles.....awesome!!!!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 10:10:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

What - one wonders - has he done inside the house?
It is absolutely amazing.

Friday, March 26, 2010 at 9:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! Wonderful mosaic all around the house! I agree with you, this man is an artist and he is a perfectionist, as well.
Love mosaic's works!
You took great pictures, Naomi!

Friday, March 26, 2010 at 11:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

gosh, I got distracted and left the window open all weekend without saying anything.

love those geometric patterns and intricacy of design. human creativity doesn't need formal bought tools for art. one can't help but create.

Monday, March 29, 2010 at 7:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I thought I would really dislike it but I dont - it really is artistic and amazing. A lot of thought has gone into this and it is very original.

Monday, March 29, 2010 at 11:30:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.