Saturday, May 27, 2006
mothers, daughters & grandmothers

This is the third installment of my Mother & Daughter & Grandmother photographs, and the first one to have all three. (not in this particular picture though...). Here we have Kim Hamilton and her daughter Tanya...(though Tanya is also known as Robin, as long as I have known Kim, she has always called her daughter Tanya...)

Tanya was a teenager when I first met Kim...and then she married her childhood sweetheart, Henry, when the were both just nineteen...They proceeded to have four children...three girls and one boy. When these pictures were taken, Cohen, their fourth child was just a teeny tiny baby...she is not in these photographs...but Dana & Cory both are.

Dana is next to Kim and Cory is on the far right in this photograph. These two women, Kim & Tanya, are pretty amazing people and these two little girls have grown into incredible young women themselves. Cory has an MBA and holds a very important job as an investment counselor taking care of just one very important client's portfolio for the company she works for. An extremely responsible job, to say the least. She is smart as a whip and a very beautiful young woman, too, like her mother and her Grandmother and her sisters, (and by the way, Aaron, Kim's Grandson and Dana and Cory and Cohen's brother, is a very handsome devil, too...They are all very very bright young people. Aaron is going to school to finish his MBA and Dana is a Doctor Of Pediatrics, about to go to Africa for six months to work with Pediatric AIDS patients. This is one of the smartest most beautiful family's it is my privelage to know and love. And they are also all really lovely caring human beings. Tanya and Henry have done a magnifent job as parents. Incidentally Cory (with her husband and new little offspring), just gave birth to a little girl at the end of April. I would love to get a picture of the four generations, now. But that may not be able to happen for some time, with Dana going to Africa and Cory and Cohen living in San Francisco, plus, Kim, who had been here in L.A. for the last nine months just returned to New York where her other home is...
but I hope at some point I will be able to photograph the four generations....I have a snapshot of the three girls and their mother at a surprise dinner that Kim's husband gave for Kim quite a few years ago...the girls were still young but not as young as in the pictures above, and Cohen is in this photograph, too...she is standing in the back and is of course, the youngest one of the girls. Cohen has been a professional Ice Skater competing in "competition" and she now teaches young skaters and has a very successful career coaching. Here is a photograph of Kim with her late husband,
Werner Klemperer, taken in my home. Some of you may recognize him from "Hogan's Hereo's"....he played the character of Colonel Klink. When Kim and Werner renewed their vows about two years before Werner died, (they had been together for 23 years) I officiated at the wedding. That was a beautiful beautiful day and one that Werner planned down to every last detail. If it had been up to Kim, she wouldn't have bothered....but that's what he wanted and so that is what he got-- and in truth, they were both very very happy with the day! It was a sweet ceremony, Kim's daughter stood up for her and Werner's daughter stood up for him.

Back to those photographs...I love this next "profile" of Kim and Tanya together...you can really see the resemblence in this picture.
Kim is a wonderful wonderful actress and we met at Theatre West. If you have been following my blog, you will notice that Theatre West plays a very important part in my life--professionally and personally. It is there that I met so very many of my nearest and dearest...Life long friendships have been made there not just by me, but by a great many people. Kim is one of those life-long people in my life. We have worked together and we have played together, too. When Werner came into her life, all of us who are close to her were very happy for her...they had a good life together and when he got ill with cancer, I have never known anyone to be as devoted as Kim was to him--24/7.

I love this next picture. It is such fun and they are all having such a wonderful time here... Dana, Tanya, Kim, and Cory. Four beauty's! Kim was very very young when she had Tanya. I mean very young. In her early teens. So she has always said she feels they grew up together. She has also said she feels that Tanya is the most wonderful human being and that she had nothing to do with that...that Tanya just 'came in that way'. I love that. And, Tanya IS a wonderful human being...


This is a delightful family. And here is another picture that shows a lot about the love between them... Over the years, Kim has been a very good friend to me and I hope that I have been a good friend to her as well...I value her friendship more than I can say, and I miss seeing her when she is not in Los Angeles. We do talk on the phone quite a lot, and I'm very thankful for that...There is nothing like 'good' friends and there is truly nothing like looongg time good friends. There is a shorthand with each other because you have shared so much...been there for each other in the good times and the bad. Nothing can replace that. Nothing. I Bless all my friends and I thank them for being such an important part of my life.










42 Comments:
had this to say:

What a magicla set of photos! And what beauriful women.....

You sure do get the best from your subjects :-)

Looking forward to seeing the 4 generations....

cq

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 2:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

They are privileged to have you as their photographer. They look like beautiful people and you take beautiful photos.
Thanks for visiting my blog today

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 2:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

A wonderful set of pictures accompanied by a well written post.

Michele sent me here.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 3:15:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

you are so blessed to have so many good friends...

all of your photos are really worthy of that book you mentioned some time ago.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 4:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Lovely pictures of beautiful human beings Naomi!

Here via Michele today

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 4:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a beautiful family! I remember seeing Kim (and Werner, of course) on TV. She and her daughter are really gorgeous looking people. It is nice to know they are as nice as they are pretty.

Michele sent me this morning.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 4:37:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Gorgeous photos of gorgeous women! (And Colonel Klink! You're the best, Naomi!)

PLEASE come visit me today....I need my blogfriends to crosspost something, if you would...

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 5:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Michele sent me back, Naomi. I showed mr. kenju these photos and he remembers Kim also. You sure do have great photos.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 8:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

They say the camera doesn't lie, but I think it takes an artist behind the lens to get to the truth. And you do it so well.

It is always special to come here. Michele sent me today.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 9:41:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It's a great series of pictures you're posting. Here via Michele; have a great weekend!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 9:43:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

eautiful photo's and beautifully written. I really feel how important they are to you.

here from micheles today

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 11:03:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful photos & a lovely read!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 11:53:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You have such a marvelous gift with black & white portraits. I love the profile shot because it shows the similarities between them and the differences. Beautiful pictures as always!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 12:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Terrific set of photos. :-)

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 1:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a great documentarian you are. I can't find any pictures of sober friends, myself.

Nice makeover on your site, too,

love,
p

Here via Michele today.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 2:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I used to LOVE watching Hogan's Heroes.
You know such interesting people!
What lovely family photos.
Friends are indeed priceless.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 2:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I remember Kim Hamilton well; she was in just about every tv series I ever saw when I was young!

Every time I come here, I leave a little smarter, Old Lady.

Here from Michele's this trip, but I've already been here earlier today.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 3:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Another set of stunning photographs that you have bought to life with your narrative.
I could sit and listen to you for hours actually I plan on doing just that LOL
Poor MrWings haha.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 4:13:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wouldn't you know it I visit on my own then Michele sent me straight over as well :)
BTW I watched Easter Parade yesterday. My four year old insisted on dancing. I had to be Fred HAHA.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 5:36:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You never cease to amaze us with your great posts Naomi! Lovely pictures of lovely people, and so is the picture taker!!

Hope you are having a wonderful Memorial weekend.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 8:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You always have the most interesting things in your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 8:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

boy, you do seem to know a lot of gorgeous and strong women! beautiful post as usual, naomi. they sure are lucky to have you as a friend. :)

have a great memorial day weekend! :)

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 10:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What great pictures. I hope you are able to get a 4 generation picture!! We got a really cool 4 generation picture with my Dad's Mom last summer!

And I am actually stopping by tonight via Grins... since she picked you as single of the week!! But I am usually here via Michele :)

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 10:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Those are beautiful pictures!

Here via Michele!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 11:20:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

back via Michele this time.

I love that first photograph, the little girls are absolutely adorable! :-)

cq

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 2:33:00 AM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

Here from Michele this time.
Just a note and then I'm off to church. What a lovely family. I do so hope you can get the four generations together. I have a picture of myself as a baby with four on my dad's side and one with Nyssa and the four generations of ladies on mom's side. Such a treasure.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 4:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That is a very beautiful story and photos.

Wishing you a great week ahead.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 4:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi! Thanks so much for your donation! Now come back to my blog, click on the Blog Explosion link in the sidebar, set up your account and I'll throw 100 credits your way!

I am giving 100 credits to anyone who donates to the greyhounds through me!

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 6:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

A beautiful family, surely. Thank you for sharing a piece of their stories.

One of the most incredible photographs I've seen included my cousins. They held their children on their laps sitting on the hearth of my Great-Aunt's fireplace. Behind them was a big picture now famous in our extended family -- their mothers holding them as infants on their laps. I loved that generations-mirroring-generations thing.

Over through Michele's today.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 9:32:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Wonderful pictures and a great story too! happy sunday!

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 10:09:00 AM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

Back again from Michele.
You popped in between and I wanted to have time to re-read this post anyway. These are great photos and great posts. I still think you should get them together and see if someone would publish them... I think you would be surprised at how well they would do and how cherished such a book would be to those pictured.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 10:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hey!

I think I might have mentioned a photographer that took 'triptych' pictures on the West Side of Buffalo, NY. His work is pretty cool to browse through.

Have a look.

Love,
p.

Here via Michele today.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:39:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I was on the phone with my dad, and I began telling him about you and your uniquely interesting blog.

I got online and read portions of some posts and read many names of your actor acquaintances.

We had such a fun time discussing you, your blog, and your interesting life.

You have had so many wonderful experiences, and it is so great that you share them with your blog buddies!

My dad will stop by and look through your archives I'm sure. I told him to be sure and leave a comment when he does.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend. I hope you are doing well.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 5:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

hello - michele sent me - when are you coming to visit Big Bear lake?

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 5:38:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

WOW!!!

I am a youngen and I have always dreamed to be looking back on my life and have as many adventures as you have had.

You are amazing!!

Found you through Grins!! Congrats on being single of the week :)

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 6:06:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What great photos, and what a great story! Here via Michele as always.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 9:06:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Tremendous photos. One of the things you capture in them is what a wondeful and loving family they are. And Theater West sounds great. I spen a short time as a member of a co-op gallery and made some very good contacts and friends. I couldn't really afford the time or money to continue (I broke even after my first show and decided not to push my luck). Other groups I've worked with have come and gone. It would be nice to have a "Theater West"-like experience.

Rick

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 9:42:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful set of pictures, Naomi! Love your Mothers, Daughters & Grandmothers series. Great photos and great people!
Kim Hamilton have a beautiful family!

And thank you so much for your nice comment about the João-de-Barro home.

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 11:15:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MsT
had this to say:

What a lovely series of photos! Such gentleness and love in their faces. I know what you mean about good friends, they are priceless. Here from Michele's.

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 2:39:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm back. :) Each time I see this entry and these photographs, I think of how much I wish I had someone with an eye for love and the importance of family legacy to photograph my mother, daughter and I. These women are lucky to have had your talents to capture a moment for them.

Back from Michele's.

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 5:42:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 8:04:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful person with an equally beautiful family. Thx for sharing #ATX

Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 8:14:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.