Friday, February 17, 2006

S.T.A.G.E.

2nd
Installment

Since the last time that I wrote about The S.T.A.G.E. Benefit, we are now less than one week away from doing our "seating" for the Producer's, Co-Chair's, and The S.T.A.G.E. Committee's blocks of seats....Each year those of us connected to any of the above, try to sell as many tickets as possible giving preferred seating to any and all people ordering these tickets in all the price ranges($35., $65., $110., $165,; $220...) So, I have been on the phone, a lot, reminding people of our deadlines and taking ticket orders and Ad Journal Orders as well as Memorials for the journal, too.... (Memorials are $10. a name, incidentally...) And I urge any of you who live in the Los Angeles area to avail yourself of the most amazing theatre experience you will ever have. Trust me!


On Tuesday (February 21st), I will be getting all my order forms 'in order', by the Performance Days and the Ticket prices, etc. This is so when we get to the actual seating the next day, (Wednesday) all of the preliminary sorting will have been done and any last minute orders on Tuesday can just be placed where they belong in the already sorted piles.


The people who buy the "packages" ($15,000. $10,000, $5,000, $2,700, and so on....plus a few more lower priced packages)....ALL get seated before the single ticket buyers....
the theory being that if someone spends $15,000 they deserve to be seated before someone who buys a pair of tickets in that same price range, per ticket...if you get my drift. And these larger amounts are considered "Sponser Packages" as I'm sure many of you are familiar with if you've ever worked on a Charity Event, or ever been to one of these kinds of events....


So....there is a lot of preparation involved with the actual 'seating' of people, which makes everything run smoother, you know?
I'm happy to say I've had a very productive couple of days, by the way, since beginning my 'reminder' calls...$5,835 as of tonight (and those are ticket orders and Ad orders directly given to me by phone here at home...I'm not counting everything coming in from 'my people' that would be going directly to the S.T.A.G.E. ticket phone lines)...and this day is now over!


I would hope that what I'm doing with all these phone calls, faxes and emails, could generate this kind of result, every day, right up until the actual event on March 10th, 11th, and 12th...cause we would be in great shape financially, if that would be the case....Unfortunatly that is not how it works...DRAT IT! (lol). But I'm pleased to say I have also been able to secure, once again this year, the fabulous Orso Restaurant here in Los Angeles donating food for the entire cast for the Sunday performance...(100 people!!!) And we are talking about a really fantastic HOT Dinner....(no cold cuts and cheese here)...with their unbelievable scrumptious bread and their special Olive Oil with Garlc....Ohhhhh my mouth is watering just thinking about it....! And Orso's donates all of this food to S.T.A.G.E. Yes, Donates It! And the food is quite spectacular: Grilled Chicken And Vegetable's....Yuuuummmmm!



There are quite a few restaurants that are incredibly generous to us...so that we are able to serve dinner to the cast on Dress Rehearsal night, (Thursday, Mach 9th) and the Friday & Saturday performances, as well...Some of these restaurants have been so loyal to us like Mark's Restaurant. Year after year they come up with unique and fabulous food.....Vermont Restaurant...has been very very generous, too, ever since they opened about 6 years ago...and then, we have a very generous benefactor...a family that has been so extremely generous to S.T.A.G.E. over the years, that it is almost overwhelming...they have their 'private chef'...(I know, isn't that something??) cook a fabulous dinner for the Dress Rehearsal night, for again, 100 people. I am not at liberty to say their name but suffice it to say, their generous hearts have not ever failed us for these many years with money for the charitys and food for the cast...and everything they do and give to S.T.A.G.E. is so deeply deeply appreciated--in all honesty, words fail me.


So, we are coming down to 'The Home Stretch' and things will get crazier as we get closer and closer to that weekend...I will keep trying to post about this super event and I do wish each and everyone of you could come and see this truly inspired evening. There is nothing else like it for an exciting, moving & funny evening in 'The Theare', and for such a much needed cause, too. If you do want to come please do email me: myrtillo1984@yahoo.com, or if you wish to make a contribution...and please know that no amount that you might be able to spare would be too small...

Detailing these photo's: First, The Fabulously talented Actress/Singer--Loretta Devine...a regular STAGE Performer when she is available, last year being her 8th STAGE Performance; Then the beautiful Actress/Singer Linda Purl, also a regular, when she is available--last year was her 13th appearance with STAGE...both these women always bring the house down, as they say... And next we have Robert Osborne, of Turner Classic Movies fame....Bob is one of the most learned men around when it comes to films and his passion for the movies is very very true and real and this last year when we honored composers Harry Warren and Marvin Hamlisch, Bob brought along a lot of fantastic film clips to go along with the 'live ' performances--a very special and different kind of thing for STAGE to do, and all thanks to the Great Bob Osborne....the last photo in this post is "Forty-Second Street" and this photo was shot at a Rehearsal...so no one had their Glittery costumes on....

And last but not least, by any means, is a photo of Petula Clark, who was in the 18th Annual STAGE Honoring Johnny Mercer, and Rod McKuen, who has partipated in STAGE 10 times...he is a most beloved performer...

Till next time...








32 Comments:
had this to say:

looks like fun... but way out of my price range ;)

Michele says hello

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 3:18:00 AM PST 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

Wow, sounds exciting and fun! Wish I lived closer to civilization, but ahh, quiet beaches do have their attraction too. Good luck with the fund raising!

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 5:04:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Sounds great, Naomi. Congratulations! Good luck and have fun with this remarkable event!

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 5:59:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I wish I lived there so I could attend that night. Best I can offer is that if I am in LA in thefuture, I will try to eat at the restaurants that donate food to your cause.

Michele sent me this morning.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 6:35:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Sounds like such a wonderful show! What a wonderful thing to be a part of :)

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 9:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Sounds like so much fun!!!! Wish hubby could schedule a business trip and I could tag along about that time!! ;)

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 10:15:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Sounds as if things are moving along smoothly thus far! It would be such a fun thing to attend and if I lived near there I certainly would try to. It's too bad you won't be able to go though.

Thanks for sharing all this. It's exciting hearing about it!

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 10:18:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I love Loretta Divine. She seems like such a doll.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 12:25:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Nice to meet you!

Michele sent me :)

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 12:26:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Best of luck with it.

Popping in via Michele today.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 12:57:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hurray for Orso!

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 1:09:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I happened to find you via Michelle and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your walking photos of your neighborhood! What a gorgeous place in the Canyon. And the plants/flowers are beautiful.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 5:19:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

wow you are really working hard! But I can tell you love it, and you are so good at it! That's a lot of money to have raised already. Looks like a wonderful time! Wish I was in the area! Michele sent me.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 6:09:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 6:15:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Sounds like an expensive night...I have a hard time coughing up $40 bucks for the baby sitter...

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 6:15:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hello
Oh, that sounds like fun.. but it's too far way for me to go!

btw, Michele sent me.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 6:34:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wow, that's neat, OOLOTH! :) Sounds like you've got some great fund raising going on.

Here from Michele's!

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 7:47:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

This sounds like a really successful fund raiser. Good for you for committing your time to raising money for a great cause.

Michele, of course.

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 7:52:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

hey naomi...check your link for STAGE on the top. you've got 1 too many HTTP://'s lol!!

i would love to do the memorial for dale's dad. can ya send me an email? thanks sweetie! :)

& HAPPY WEEKEND! :)

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 11:10:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Sound's like a fabulous show! And hats off and kudos to you for helping organize it all! Wow!

Petula Clark has sure changed ...I didn't even recognise her!

Here via Michele...and my own blogroll! lol

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 1:38:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I stopped by looking for Thursday Thirteen, but my oh my your are a busy lady. May all your efforts pay off.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 1:41:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Amazing effort & I can't think of a better cause. Congratulations on the success thus far!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 1:43:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I am glad it is all going so well again :)
I would love to come but it really is a long drive LOL

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 2:13:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

It must be getting very exciting for you!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 2:24:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Sounds dreadfully boring.

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 8:47:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Best of luck with your fundraising. Wish I could attend. (I also wish I had $15,000!) HAVE FUN! Michele sent me today.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 9:06:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I'd love to contribute, Naomi... please let me know the best way to do that!

Here via michele this time...

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 9:11:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

This sounds like it is going to be a fabulous event! Wish I lived in LA!
I really like the walking photos of your previous post, maybe I'll try something like that one day.
Here via Michele's today

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 9:29:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi, Michele sent me.

Your post made me exhausted just reading how busy you are. Sounds like it will be a wonderful event.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 10:11:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I'm thinking the Stage Actors Guild but trying to figure out what the T and E stands for. Sounds like fun...and alot of work.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 2:18:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hello! Here via Michele's.

Looks like it will be a wonderful time!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 5:15:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Good job! Cheers from Michele.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 2:26:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.