Friday, January 22, 2010
and that rhymes with pool....!

This post was first published back on November 18th, 2005....I am re-publishing with a little bit of an update....I was new to blogging at the time---it had only been about six weeks, so I hardly knew how to do anything other than post "text"...I am grateful to say, that changed.....So......
Having just had the "Caption" Contest----winners to be announced----I thought this would at least give everyone an idea of 'context'.....Let me say this: what I am looking at in the picture is the destination of the ball that I was about to hit with the cue ball.....The camera caught me as I was attempting to line up my shot....So, in fact, I was very concentrated on 'the game'.....If any of you have ever played pool, you know this is a very important part of the game....I believe that everything else will be explained by what follows.......Again, I appreciate everyone who played the Caption Game----and for those who say they are not good at it, well....neither am I.....lol!

(DISCLAIMER: I do not smoke any more---and now, it is almost 40 years that I have not smoked----and I would advise everyone to quit as soon as you can, and if you do not smoke, don't start.)

With the help of the WONDERFUL Danny Miller, who's blog is extraordinary; he was able to put this photo into my profile....and it's here to stay because I would not know how to change it, even if I wanted to....(lol)....he also taught me how to put links into the body of the post.....(I hope this new knowledge was put to good use concerning his blog, up above!)

I just wanted to say a little something about this photo...it was back in the days when everybody smoked and in my case, the cigarette holder is not an affectation, but my feeble attempt to make my smoking less dangerous to my lungs...I was a v-e-r-y heavy smoker and I must tell you, that though the holder probably helped a little bit...(it was an Aqua Filter--a water based idea that helped to catch the nicotine in the damp filter so that it did not go into your lungs)...in the long run, it certainly did not make smoking that much less dangerous to my lungs, or to any one's lungs, for that matter. But, at the time, I was completely addicted and I would have done anything to continue smoking....including using this filtered holder.

So, here's the genesis of this photo: There was a party at a Theatre West friend's home on the particular evening this photo of me was taken.....Phillip Abbott and his lovely wife Jane had this party to celebrate the closing night of something---a play at Theatre West---the name of which, at this moment, I don't recall. Phil was a very very talented and completely under-rated actor who was one of the founding member's of TW. (Some of you older bloggers might remember him from the television series "The FBI")

I had worked with Phil at Theatre West in a number of capacities over the years. For one, as a composer for his Robert Frost evening, an evening which he Adapted and Directed..."Promises To Keep". I also acted as Producer of the evening for Theatre West. We also worked together on the democratically-elected Board of Theatre West, serving along with 5 other wonderful people for quite a few years in the 1960's.

This party was one of the many 'get-togethers' so many of the members would have aside and away from our Theatre West Workshop work. This terrific theatrical group was always a double thing of a professional actors workshop and and a wonderful fertile breeding ground for life-long friendships. These two things always overlapped making for a very rich experience....so there were lots and lots of party's as well as a tremendous amount of very innovative exciting work in those very exciting early years of TW!

Jane and Phil had a wonderful rambling house out in 'The Valley'. It was a great house for entertaining because it flowed from room to spacious room---the house itself being very spacious inside. Then it flowed to a very spacious outside back yard, with the biggest private pool I'd ever seen...a Fifty footer! Inside, they had this huge 'family room' that had a Pool Table as one of it's main features. And I loved to play pool, though I did not get much of a chance to play back then, or now.

My father had taught all of us to play pool, when I was around 6 or 7 years old. Something about the game appealed to me...the precision of it----the colors of the beautiful balls and the ease of holding the cues...there was something very satisfying about figuring out precisely just where you had to hit a ball to 'pocket it'. I don't remember the last time I had played before this night and I did not realize nor did I remember that someone had taken photo's that night. Especially of this particular game. And only realized it when The Abbott's sent me this photo. Enclosed in the package along with the photo was a note from Phil, and it said....'Dear Naomi: There's a bit of the hustler in all of us!'

I LOVE this picture because I look like I really know what I'm doing, including the squint of the eye. I look like a bar-fly-pool-shark...which is pretty laughable considering I rarely if ever drank booze of any kind and going to bars had absolutely no interest for me, whatsoever.


The only part of this photo that is shocking to me now, is to see and then remember, that my need to smoke was so great that I had to keep the 'holder' in my mouth with a lit cigarette, while shooting pool! Lord, what a terrible terrible addiction that is! And one that truly can do irreversible damage to one's health, plus it's a pretty disgusting and messy habit, too.

And I'm not just a reformed smoker talking here. Not just a recent convert who is now against it because if I don't smoke I don't want anyone else to be able to.....that's not where my zealousness comes from at all. It comes from the problems I live with now...I am not supposed to be around any smoke at all, because the noxious fumes are very very bad for my lungs at this point in my life...And that fact has made me wonder, if at the time we all began to smoke we had known the real dangers, would we have started to smoke anyway? I honestly do not know, and will never really know. What I do know is: I should have known it wasn't too great for you, without any 'warning labels' because the first time I inhaled, it hurt my throat so horribly I thought 'I will never do THAT again'!!!

But did that stop me? Noooooo. Back then, if you did not smoke, you weren't 'one of the guys', you know? And that may still be the case today, it's just that today, we do know how truly lethal this habit really is....

Ohhhh I'm so glad I stopped smoking when I did....and perhaps I
s-l-o-w-e-d the progress of the damage to my lungs by stopping when I did. I hope so, but I'll never know that, either.

But, given all that, when I look at this photo it does make me laugh. There is something very amusing about the picture to me. I guess because I look seriously decadent, which is truly laughable and hilariously silly, too!

Well, whatever...this photo is now my Profile Picture, with much thanks to the wonderful Danny Miller.




More To Come.......




AND THE WINNERS ARE: There were some truly wonderful entry's....many terrific 'captions', a couple of fun 'poems', and some great 'story's, too.....I must say it was very difficult to make a decision, and, in fact....there is more than one winner because it was impossible to choose just one person's entry.....There were 39 or 40 comments and I narrowed it down to 9 people....I know, I know---it's too many, but, that is where it is at.....There were three 'captions' that almost "tied" for First Place, but I ended up with two Winners and one Honorable Mention....Then, there was one winner in 'story's' with three Honorable Mentions, and there were two 'poems'--both were funny and both were Honorable Mentions.....So....in fact, there were three (3) Winners all together, with six (6) Honorable Mentions.


The top three 'captions' were by Ily, Kevin Raferty and Riot Kitty....they all tickled my funny bone--Ily & Kevin Rafferty are the two Winners and Riot Kitty gets an Honorable Mention....! In 'story's, Diane J. Standiford was the Winner, and Popps, Holland, and Dianne are all Honorable Mentions. The 'poems'----both funny and both Honorable Mentions, were by Jamie Dawn and Bob-Kat.

The truth is I would love to say that all 9 people are 'winners', and they are in my view.....I thank everyone for participating in this silly but very fun 'caption contest'. And Kevin and Diane J....I need you to email me your addresses.....(myrtillo1984 AT yahoo DOT com)



Now, There Is More To Come......









65 Comments:
had this to say:

I love the picture and I know just what you mean about smoking. I started when I was 15 and quit when I was 38. It was so addicted that I went out to a store at midnight once (after playing bridge all evening) just to buy a pack. ICK! I am SO glad I quit.

About the barbershop sign? I answered you question in an edit I added to the bottom of the post.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 5:41:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Great picture of you, even with the cigarette! I'm sure you had movie stars flocking after you!!
I think I would have liked to play pool too, but I've only ever tried it a few times.

You have learned so much about links and putting your profile picture up! I tried that and got everything all screwed up and it took me forever to unscrew it so I gave up on that one!!

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:00:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Judy--Amazing! I started at 15, too...How crazy it all was....and just add a few and stopped when I was 39!!!! And what do cigarette's cost today??? $4.00 a pack or something???

Rachel--without Danny Miller, there would be no profile photo for me!!! I STILL don't know how he did it!!!(lol) The link thing within the body of the post...I think I could explain that to you..I think....WHY is it this all so difficult??? I still do not get how to put people's blogs over on the side thingy....Maybe on Danny & Kendall's next visit!!! (lol)

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:19:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

This is so funny...I said the word COOL while looking at the picture before reading the title!

You might be like me...technologically challenged. I had no clue how to do anything with my blog at first...still struggle with it. My husband says I'm like a gourmet cook that doesn't know how to use a measuring cup!

I'm here via michele's meet and greet today.

Let me know when you get the books. I guess it takes a while to get them all the way across country and there was a holiday weekend involved.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:45:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I'm still right addicted to smoking. Like you, I started largly in part to be "one of the guys". Out of curiosity, what method is it that you used to finally quit? I'm looking for suggestions...something I haven't tried...something that will work.

Maybe my father-in-law gave the best advice with "Just don't light them." But that hasn't seemed to work, so far.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 8:01:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Just discovered your blog (Michelle sent me!). Your posts are really funny.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 11:38:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

If Tabacco was discovered today it would be illegal.

Michelle sent me...again :o)

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 11:47:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

kudos to you for being able to quit. personally, never really saw what the attraction was to smoking as i never had the desire to puff away. different strokes for different folks, i guess.

what a lovely picture. you kinda remind me of a young liz taylor. *wink*wink*

michele sent me today. :)

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 12:35:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I like your profile picture! It reminds me of Ann Bancroft, chic lady. I started smoking in college and stopped when "we " decided to get pregnant at age 30, so it wasn't hard to do. It's been 18 years, I wonder where the saved money is...
Commenting wireless from Mr. Mar's , it is fun!

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 12:50:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hee, hee, you look like a total pool shark in that picture. I imagined you taking some guy's money after kicking his butt in a game.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 1:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Michele sent me out west to visit you and your Hollywood Hills, OOL.

That is a great picture though as you observe, the ciggie is a bit nasty--but it sets up the mood of the picture. What pool hall exists without a cloud of smoke billowing about? At least in the movies they all have that.

Congrats on stopping smoking. I never started but having seen several people quit and a lot more try and fail--I know it can't be easy.

Your description of the house was amazing. Made for entertaining, that's for sure. Reminds me of that Eagles' song, Hotel California. "All the right parties..."

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 3:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

When I was in high school (in the top tobacco producing state in the country) there were places we could smoke! It's amazing-many of my friends smoked. I didn't, probably because I'd seen what it had done to my grandparents. Today, I'm glad, that one's bad habit I don't have to worry about. But your picture is classic!

sent here by Michelle.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 4:14:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I am very glad you gave up, I watched my mother die from lung cancer at 49 years old. It is a horrible thing.
That picture is a classic though :)
Michele sent me but I come by nearly every day anyway :)

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 4:26:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Congrads on quitting smoking and that is a great photo! I enjoyed your blog and Michele sent me.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 5:04:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

well i'm glad you quit smoking! And I've tried to play pool a few times, but I do better with the other kind of pools. Where I can jump in and get wet!
Hi from Michele's!!!

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 5:29:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

It's a cute picture. I wish I could play pool, but I've never quite gotten the hang of it.

Here via Michele's :) Have a great weekend.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 5:42:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I tried to play pool once and endup hurting my finger with the stick. I luv your stories the things u've done and experienced.
Michele sent me
Maggie

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 5:51:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

love the picture. just love it.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 6:02:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Here from Michele's tonight.

You pose such a fantastic question - would you if you knew. I've never smoked. My brother, however, is struggling to break the habit. He knew better when he started. My grandfather lived with us for a few months while be treated for lung cancer - a product of his addiction. My brother saw first hand what it could do...but being 'cool' was more important than maybe being a cancer patient when he was 16.

You never know, I suppose, how you'd respond if you knew. . .but it makes you wonder.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

thats a wonderulf picture, cigarette or no. my daughter helps me with learning the link thing, adn putting pictures where they need to be in the sidebar. its nice to have someone who can help us along!

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:21:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

michele sent me! i love the picture. i know how hard quitting smoking can be, i smoke for almost 15 years, and quit only while i was pregnant with my boys! this time it seems permanent. i havent had a cigarette in 16 months.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:23:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I have quitsmoking about 5 times and taken it up again six times. It's not that i'm addicted to the nicotine, I'm addicted to the situations in which I smoke, with friends, having a beer, having a coffee, waiting for the bus / train... but it's nearly quit time again for me, and this time I intend to change my routine to avoid those situations that encourage me to smoke.
Michele sent me today.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love, love that picture!!! You look HOT! ;)

I'm a reformed smoker myself. I started when I was a teen and smoked on and off all through my adulthood. I have now quit I'm proud to say! It's a nasty habit...I notice now that the smell just drives me crazy when I'm around it. I hate it!

Oh and I'd love to play you in a game of pool sometime! ;)

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 7:51:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Well, here I am again, this time via Michele. Hope you're having a good weekend!

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 8:29:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Nice picture - even nicer story to go along with it. This entry should be required reading for anyone who still smokes.

I'm back from Michele's. I hope you had a great week.

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 8:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Cute picture! I remember my Aunt using those holder thingy's.
You are so right about smoking, but alas, I am weak. I only smoke about 6 or 7 a day now. I quit everything else, though, and as you probably know how much I hate all those other drugs from my post!
So I figure, a few cigarettes, what the heck, at least I'm not crashing through people's fences!

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 8:41:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

What a great profile shot to use! As for the smoking, both of my parents smoke and I absolutely hate it. My sister went the other way and smokes too. My grandmother smoked for a short time and then completely quit and hounded my parents for years about quitting. Later on, before she passed away, she had a great deal of trouble with her lungs, even from just the short time she did--and unfortunately that second hand she got from my family. I feel sort of strongly about the anti-smoking thing. I think it is completely admirable that you have stopped though, because I know how hard that has to be.

Michele sent me!

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 9:16:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Our paths meet again! Michele sent me this time. I skipped the ashtray picture because it is early morning :D

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 10:37:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Michele sent me, and I'm enjoying my visit!

I was just thinking (earlier today) about my years as a smoker, and how I really don't miss it at all. I smoked for about 12 years, and have been smoke-free for the last 5.

Fabulous picture, by the way! :)

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 11:35:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hello! Michele sent me...
Even with the cigarette, the picture is wonderful. As bad of a habit as it, the picture would be pale in comparison. It just works! Congrats on quitting though, I wish more people would. I like your blog and I will be back soon to read more!

Good night :)

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 12:29:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Back again to answere your question on my blog. I am the Asia Pacific HR Director for Juniper Networks. You may not have heard of them but have probably heard of Cisco... we are their main competitor. Basically we make the hardware and supporting software that the internet travels on. Yes, Hong Kong is probably permanent for us... the taxes are just TOO high in Canada! Have a great weekend.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 1:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Yuk! Smoking is awful. What the owner of the table thought I don't know!

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 1:54:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Michelle didn't send me! But thanks for stopping by my blog!

That photo is AWESOME. It's a perfect capture of a moment in time: I love the story about the water filter. Ah, the things we actually knew then but pretended we didn't...Isn't it amazing how addictive cigarettes are? Such total control, and stench?!!? Congrats on quitting. Am enjoying your blog....

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 6:34:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wow, did I enjoy your blog and love the photo and even more the disclaimer. Promise to come back and visit. We are both Southern Californians so guess that gives us something in common. And Michele sent me.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 7:18:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Great picture - nobody can ever take that moment away from you, now! Congrats on stopping. My mom died from smoking, her dad died from smoking, her sister died from smoking, my first stepmother died from smoking. I miss them all so, so much.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 7:32:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

oops, i forgot to say I'm here via Michele...

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 7:32:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

here from Michele's, but would've come anyway :-)

that photo is *so* decadent - and such a clear reminder of the era.

Goodlooking woman, weren't you, OOL? :-)

cq

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 7:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hello, I am here from my god friend Dena's blog "Morpheme Pallete." I think it is a remarkable photo, I think you look pretty classy. I started smoking when I was 13 and quit at 23. Good for you for quitting. Does food taste different to you know?

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 7:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Return visit to read all your comments :o)

Michelle sent me

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 7:51:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Old Old Lady of the Hills,
My Father taught us pool when we were very young as well. He was a bona fide pool shark!
I never really caught on to it but enjoy a game every so often.
You look like you know what you are doing.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 9:17:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Michelle sent me but I was planning on coming anyway, and will be back

My parents rammed in all the dangers of smoking--they knew in the 1940's--really--have all the back issues of PM magazine to prove it, but...

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 11:58:00 AM PST 

Blogger mw
had this to say:

Such a different time - I too remember when everyone smoked. Nice story and picture - thanks!

mw

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 12:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I've never been a smoker and I'm from "The Valley" but I still think this is a great vintage photo. And I'm glad you're a non-smoker now. I can't be around cigarettes either (asthma and heart issues) and doesn't it drive you nuts when people are smoking right beside the front door of the hospital? Great minds, eh?

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 12:30:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm back - via Michele this time. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 2:35:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That's a great pic! How nice of Danny to help you out with it! Michele sent me.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 3:11:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You look like a tough lady in that picture!

Michele sent me.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 10:27:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I just adore this picture of you! Isn't amazing how cigarettes used to be considered a glamour item, and how that image has done such a reversal. Historically speaking it happened rather quickly. I smoked in the past, but haven't smoked for several years now.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 at 9:04:00 PM PST 

Blogger Gel
had this to say:

Striking and stunning pic of you. I remember my mother talking about social smoking. IT was my father who began earlier than you, but thank goodness, quit when I was in high school. I've never smoked, but I have played pool.

I think my two daughters will find your site interesting. One is planning to major in theatre in college in a few years. Both are higly involved in theatre in high school. I am a voaracious reader and adore soaking up these firsthand tidbits. I'm putting you in my favorites list. Fascinating, info and experiences.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 12:24:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Love the back story to the photo. It makes it come alive.

Cheers.

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 2:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Yay, I'm a winner!! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!! "You liked it, you really liked it!!" (said in my best Sally Field voice!) :)

Beautiful story to go with the photo, my dear. Funny how you couldn't recall the exact moment it was taken but you remember the "family room" by the pool and that you could go nowhere without a cigarette. Thank God you quit (has it really been over 40 years now??)! Congratulations for that, my friend!! If you hadn't stopped, you may not have been with us today...and that's a horribly sad thought. :(

Thankfully, YOU ARE HERE...sharing your beautiful life and your gifts with us, and I'm so happy for that! :)

Btw, the note you received with the photo, "there's a bit of the hustler in all of us," is just perfect. Another winner!!

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 4:23:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Well, thank you so much. I am honored. You know, my staunch grandfather never smoke or drank--a farmer, and he was furious that my mother smoked, and guess what? He died of lung cancer! How strange. Others in my family smoked and died of other causes, I suppose such incidents kept many still smoking. (And the cool factor.) Hindsight. Anyway, part of what I loved in that pic was your HAIR! It adds to the:This is ME---deal with it. LOL I enjoyed all the entries. What fun. (We have a pool table here, but hard in my wheelchair, though a photo of me shooting was published in New Mobility Magazine this year. I kept yours in mind as I posed. LOL)

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 7:40:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love the photo and the story behind it!!!!! And good for you for quitting!

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 1:00:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

It's a superb and characterful picture. The backstory adds to it.

I'd never noticed the cigarette holder until you posted the blow-up, but even that has its own little tale!

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 7:24:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

The photo makes me smile. The look of concentration soooo makes you like like the hustler.

I loved reading this post as I now know the story behind the profile pic.

Thanks for the honourable mention. I am truly honoured and I'm just glad you liked my effort.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 8:32:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I've always loved that photo and I remember Hoss did also.
I think it was all the adverse publicity that made me stop in 1977. Before then it was a glamorous thing to do a la all the forties film stars. Remember Now Voyager?

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 3:34:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Oh dear, I missed a contest? I don't remember seeing anything about a caption contest. Can't wait to see the winners though. I like that photo of you. You really do look like a pool hustler. As for smoking, as a child I always tried to disappear into the background and study people. The people with the most messed up lives in my family drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes, took drugs, and/or any combination of those things. Then they spent years of their lives and countless fortunes trying to kick their habits. I decided very young to just never start, and I never have. I'm glad you were able to kick the habit. It really is destructive to the body.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 12:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm glad I never picked up the smoking habit. I tried it once - the night before Thanksgiving in 2006. Had two cigarettes and got soooo sick. I was still yucky feeling the next day!

I was so happy when the law was passed that banned smoking in restaurants here.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 6:08:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

As as I said before, this photo of your is just awesome.

I started smoking when I was around 18 (It was an ex-bf who taught me how). After, two months of smoking I just quit since I didn't see the point of smoking anymore plus it made my skin horrible!

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 12:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

you have so many brilliant readers how could you pick just one!!

it was fun to read them all

and thanks for my honorable mention :)

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 8:34:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I've never read the back story to the profile picture, so thanks for re-posting it. It was interesting.

Congrats to the winners!! :)

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 9:30:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow - there are some old names there on the comment list via our beloved 'Michele Sent Me' game back in '05!!

And yes, I am here - at long last. It has been a while since I visited Naomi but I am back...

Thanks for re-posting this post.

Melody x

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 9:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I just LOVE this photo of you. It just captures a moment in time. They say the camera never lies, I don't know about that actually.

I smoked for about 2 weeks of my life and that was it. Never really got into the inhaling part! :D

I do have a very very ocassional cigar with a glass of port. But we are talking about once or twice a year max!

Monday, January 25, 2010 at 3:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I am very very glad I never took up smoking. Of course I tried smoking, but I never liked to inhale, so I'd just puff on one occasionally and try to look cool with a cigarette and blowing smoke! LOL I have always had asthma and I knew it was not good for me.

Congratulations to all the winners of the caption contest!! That was fun! Some folks are really creative!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 10:03:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oh what a great story behind the profile photo. The photo is a great one and you do look like a professional player there. And so mysterious!

As for smoking. I used to smoke on and off usually if I had anything to drink. I could take it or leave it though wich was lucky. It is one of the toughest addictions to give up supposedly. So glad you did though.

Naomi, have you written a book or thought about it I wonder? You are such a great writer and your tales of your life and your friendships are wonderful.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 9:02:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.